Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 8 (2nd June)

Cross On A Hill

High Winds
 It was our last day here in Thekkady and there wasn't much to see. Or so we thought. The weather was so perfect it couldn't get any better. Air conditioners and fans were white elephants during the previous night. To all my friends in Calcutta reading this, don't feel jealous.
  Anyway, after breakfast we did venture out, apprehensively at first after the previous days weather. Fortunately, it stayed dry. Dry enough to make a short trip to twice; once to a viewpoint and the second time to a watchtower. Actually two watchtowers, one in a jungle, the other one at such a height, I felt like I'd be blown off by the strong wind. Maybe all that fattening up of a couple days back kept me on my feet. Well, whatever it was, it was fun. Cool mountain breeze feels so much better than polluted city breeze and the walk uphill was all the exercise I so badly needed.
 We followed the double trip with a very simple lunch was just what the doctor ordered. I will say it again, the food here is amazing. I'm sorry I'm getting a bit repetitive. To make the day slightly better, we tossed in a bit of shopping. Okay, I didn't shop my parents did. Still...

No comments:

Post a Comment