Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 3 (28th May)

Malyali Wedding
 Malyali weddings can be quite interesting. Women dressed in their finest silk whilst the men wearing the most casual attire. Strangely enough, my dad looked like a relative of the groom; both looked similar. Fortunately, there were no mix ups. I used to think Bengali weddings were the only ones that involved the "kha pi ke bhaag" style. Turns out, I was wrong. True, we attended only the engagement, but even before the ceremony ended people were done eating. Having lived in Bengal for all my life, this didn't surprise me. The advantage of Kerala over Bengal? The food. Simple and brilliant food wherever you look.
 Kerala reminds me a lot about Goa, the similar lifestyles, the large number of churches and chapels all over the place, narrow winding roads and amazing food, like I've already mentioned before. It turns out, I missed the rains in Calcutta but the Rain Gods did make up for that by sending loads of rain here, so by some divine intervention, I missed nothing.
 The only downside of the otherwise interesting day? FC Barcelona...

No comments:

Post a Comment