Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 1 (26th May)

Cochin Airport
 Flying can be one heck of a way to travel. It can also be very boring. Especially of you have to wait for ages because your destination airport is closed for maintenance. Of course, such a delay did allow me to take a peek at uncharted territories on a flight. I'm talking about the cockpit of a Boeing 737. To describe the experience in one word, awesome.
 Cochin airport is idyllic to say the least, small, compact and traditional. The weather, cool and hot. Confusing I know, but still very pleasant. I don't know whether it's normal when people you meet in Calcutta, come to receive you at the airport in a totally different state, but that's about the gist of what took place upon my arrival.
  Having lived all my life in Calcutta, I used to think that Karunamoyee bus stand was a great place; that until I saw Angamaly bus stand. It puts Karunamoyee to shame. Throw in two traditional meals, a brunch and a dinner, and a simple yet great hotel located quite a distance away from the airport but well connected by road and you have the perfect day. Tiring but still perfect..

No comments:

Post a Comment