Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 5 (30th May)

Greenwood Resort Welcome
Rope Bridge

  It felt odd waking up on a house boat at 6am. But that was nothing. Experiencing the morning in the backwaters of Kerala was a serene moment. Peaceful and brilliant. We followed that up with a long drive of around a hundred kilometres through the mountains and you'll know what you guys missed.
  I'm even more convinced now that the best food in the world is served in the shabbiest establishments. Yet again, I was proved right. Surely some of you'll are bored of me praising the food here but believe me it is nothing short of awesome. The weather was fluctuating between humid and cool but then again that's the tropical type of climate.
  Thekkady, near the Tamil Nadu border was where we were headed. The hotel, Greenwoods, was nothing short of amazing. All that Eco-tourism I've studied about is something I'm going to experience over the next four days. And yes, I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment