Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 4 (29th May)

House Boat In Kerala Backwaters

True Love
Malyali masses are weird. And long. Period. Naturally, I followed nothing which made the whole experience all the more excruciating. Fast forward ninety minutes and it was a huge relief.
 Now I'm a veteran of Kashmir houseboats and the ones in Kerala was something that I was yet to experience. Movable houseboats with air conditioners- it seemed too good to be true. And there I was, shocked and surprised. The beds? They were comfortable! Air conditioner? Present and functioning. The food? Awesome as usual, except lunch which was as bland as boiled potatoes. Huge prawns and fish, every seafood lovers paradise was dinner. I will brag here and make you all jealous with the menu for the evening, but I do believe that I'm entitled to do so.

 The TV didn't work, mobile coverage was sporadic so it felt weird to be detached from civilisation but then again that's what I needed. Summing up the whole experience is easy. Very easy. Bliss. One word, that described the whole evening to a T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment