Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trip to Kerala: Day 7 (1st June)

Bird Watching At Periyar Rainforest

Cooking Classes
 Long drives through the hills are fun. Lots of fun. Unless of course the drive ends with a rain shower. Yes, that was the scenario here. After several wrong turns here and there as well as bad directions, we finally made it to our destination, Ramakalmedu. This place has some importance with regard to the Ramayana but I know I'm not one to know. And yes, it rained. The view was stunning, the weather was windy. So wet and windy that even umbrellas were useless.
  The Periyar Tiger Reserve, the highlight of the trip, was sort of washed out. Well, we did make the boat ride, somehow. I have no clue as to how my dad got tickets but he did and I'm not going to complain. The rain, well it played spoilsport again. There were hardly any animals out in the open, just a couple of deer and random birds. But I'll say this much, the thought of being inside a protected reserve was amazing. The hotel I'm at has the slogan "Preserve Our Reserves" and that should be everyones priority if you ask me.
 We ended the day with yet another cooking class, this time avial and fish moilee, cooked by yours truly. Now I don't want to gloat, but I'd say the the fish moilee cooked by me tasted better than the one I had the night before. To sum up the day? One word: wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment