Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Brother's Love


A Brother's Love...
Two months now, two months away from home. Two months away from the pain in the ass, I called my brother. Two months away from all his gross stupidity and random irritating music choices. Strangely, I miss him.

Yes, dear reader, I’m talking about the “local celebrity” as he loves to call himself. Carrying that eleven kilo keyboard on one shoulder and protesting loudly as he didn’t want to do anything that wouldn’t benefit him. As Terri Guillemets, the creator of the Quote Garden puts it: “There’s no love like the love for a brother. There’s no love like the love from a brother.” True, my brother is the most annoying creature I have ever met, or ever had the privilege to know, I can’t help but agree with Terri, he was an annoying git who kept me on my toes every single day.

Now, as any sane brother would do, I took advantage of him when I got the chance (tell me who wouldn’t?), I even poked fun at him as he bumbled his way through his crusade to get humanities started in my alma mater as he refused to follow in my footsteps and study science (which by the way was not easy, but I enjoyed my two years in higher secondary school thoroughly). Beaten down and defeated like a war veteran, he settled for commerce, which I won’t criticize, but I’ll tell you this: I laughed at him for a couple of days. I even ridiculed him publicly about his taste in music and entertainment. Making a stage for Lady GaGa out of Lego blocks was his sense of enjoyment. Ridiculous? Yes. Creative? Another yes from me.

“The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” No, this isn’t my quote, it’s by Jane Austen and I will admit it’s true. If you don’t have a younger sibling, like Kevin, you’re missing out on a lot of stuff. Everyone I know, keeps commenting how the Kaisar siblings are poles apart. While I love sport and follow it avidly in addition to my hobbies of writing and photography, my brother takes to German classes, cooking and music. Different in every respect we are and this is where I will proudly say, “Unity in Diversity.”

Being the crazy sport fanatic, I will especially mention the Sedin twins (Daniel and Henrik), who have always been on the same team when playing hockey (except for the 2011 All-Star game which was the first time they went against each other. Such is unity; such is a brother’s love. And I know if they can be famous, so can my brother and I, except we won’t be making the amounts of money they do.

I’m pretty sure he misses me too, and though for some strange reason he won’t re add me on facebook (yes, our sibling rivalry went up to the extent that he blocked me for a brief period.) I know I miss him at times. Gregg Levoy couldn’t have been more correct when he said "He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependant, and scariest of all, my equal"

It's for that crazy little confused human being, I call my brother, that I spent my Sunday morning writing this. It's a strange world isn't it? I'll end, leaving you with a poem I found online by Salena A. Hayes entitled "I Miss"

I miss you,
I miss the loud music coming
from your room,
I miss the warmth of knowing
You're just a call away,
I miss the way we fought and
played,
I miss seeing your big bright
smile,
I miss getting kicked out of
your room,
I miss seeing you here and
there,
I miss cooking you breakfast
lunch and dinner,
I miss hearing you come in
at night,
I miss making you wear your
seat belt,
I miss holding your hand to
pray,
I miss your smell,
I miss you with all my might,
I miss the way we would fight,
I miss my brother,
I miss my friend,
I miss you I love you and that's
THE END!

"He's my brother Kevin, the best brother you never had"



1 comment:

  1. Touching. I've got a cousin too who's closer than a brother, and the buffoon is now in Minnesota, USA. I miss him too, though I'll never admit that to him. No bond like brotherhood is what I say :)

    ReplyDelete